Time & Location
About the Class
Create a beautiful contemporary cake, perfect for both celebration and wedding cakes. Brides love these exotic alternative in their bouquets and for displays pieces, and they are great for more masculine cakes.
At this class you will learn:
- How to prepare real cake with buttercream ready to cover with sugarpaste
- Make an unbelievably realistic weathered wood effect technique to create a "planter" for your succulents
- Make various different succulents using both cutters and moulds, including a wired succulent if there is time
- Discuss other ideas to create succulents
- What colours are best for creating realistic succulents
- Use dusts to add realistic shades and tones to your cake
- Use dusts and shimmers to bring your succulents to life
- How to arrange your succulents to best effect
- Add little details to make your arrangements more realistic, such as edible pebbles
Please note: The number of succulents made and the amount of different techniques will be time dependant and may vary from class to class, but we will try and cover as many different options as possible
Cupcake and refreshments will be available all day. All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
This is a fun class with a maximum number of 5 students, you can book as a group of friends or come on your own and share your love of baking with a like-minded group.
- Succulent Cake£99£990£0