Fri, 02 Sept|
The Cupcake Oven
**NEW** Two Day Magnolia Wedding Cake £250
CLASS AVAILABILITY This class will give you the confidence to cover and stack cakes & dummies, create sugar flowers, use other decorative techniques. You'll take home a stunning tiered cake.
Time & Location
02 Sept, 10:00 – 03 Sept, 17:00
The Cupcake Oven, 2 Summers Park Ave, Lawford, Manningtree CO11 2BX, UK
About the Class
Over two days you will learn all the basics of covering, construction and decorating a contemporary wedding cake. All skills can be transposed and used onto any cake.
In this unique class, you will ganache and cover a real chocolate cake, as well as a dummy - both essential skills when making cakes.
At this class you will learn how to:
- Ganache and cover a real chocolate cake with sugarpaste
- Cover a "fake" dummy cake
- Learn how to create sharp edges on both cakes
- Pattern transfer which can be used for any design you wish to create in the future
- Make wired sugar magnolia flowers, buds, leaves
- Learn how to use wires, stamen and tape
- Finish and dust flowers and components
- Tape together arrangements
- Pipe royal icing onto cakes
- Paint on cakes
- Create my signature enameling technique that helped me win multiple gold awards at Cake International (1st, 2nd & 3rd place in class)
- Dowelling and stacking cakes
- Flower arrangements and attaching to cake
Please note one dummy cake and one real cake are used in this class.
All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
Option to pay in 2 instalments - contact email@example.com
Please ensure you read our Terms & Conditions prior to booking. Any booking made, by any means, implies you have read and agreed to these.
2 Day Magnolia 2-3 Sept 22