Mini Cakes Class
Time & Location
About the Class
As we will be focussing on the decorating of these fashionable cakes, you will be supplied with fresh cakes to decorate. We will provide you with the recipe used and of course we can discuss helpful tips and tricks to ensure that you gain the necessary confidence to always bake your mini cakes from scratch - with excellent results EVERY time!
You will learn how to make round and square mini cakes that are covered in perfectly smooth sugarpaste with perfect edges and corners.
We will cover the advantages of mini cakes including the advance preparation and storage of these popular cakes.
They can be made in advance, giving you time to decorate them and saving those rushed hours of work needed when baking fresh cupcakes.
We will teach you how to prepare, cut, cover and decorate your cakes so that they look professional.
At my Mini Cakes class:
- Learn how to prepare cakes ready to decorate: how to cut, mask, cover and finish.
- Discuss the importance of colour palettes and theme selection and how critical this is to ensure that your individual cakes look as professional as possible
- You will use several different decorative materials including sugarpaste, florist paste, buttercream, dusts and paints.
- You will learn how each material is used, how to colour and how to prepare each for use on your cakes.
- Use a variety of cutters and sugarcraft tools to create shapes and flowers.
- Learn how to make beautiful sugarcraft moth orchids
- Learn how to use paints and dusts to add fine detail and definition
- We will teach you how to cover your mini cakes flawlessly with sugarpaste
- Create strings of pearls and sugarpaste ribbon and bunting
Cupcake and refreshments will be available all day. All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
This is a fun class with a maximum number of 6 students, you can book as a group of friends or come on your own and share your love of baking with a like-minded group.
- Mini Cakes Class 15th Sept£99£990£0