Luscious Layers - The Paste & Puree Edition £145 CLASS FULL
Time & Location
About the Class
THREE new cake flavours; THREE different cake base methods; TWO different types of buttercream:
- Pink Lemonade - a heavenly combination of lemon and strawberry
- Chocolate Blackberry - A moist, decadent, fruity chocolate layer cake
- Rose Pistachio - Perfectly paired flavours of the exotic
Three beautiful bakes worthy of the most high end boutique tearoom.
Learn how to bake these three sponge cakes. I'll teach you about nut compounds and pastes as well as creating your own puree's and how to use them effectively in sponges, frostings and fillings!
All students will have the use of their own tools and equipment - including their own freestanding electric mixer (Kenwood). Some work may be in pairs.
At The Luscious Layers - Pastes & Purees Edition, you will:
- Learn how to prepare tins for use
- Learn about ingredients
- Bake from scratch the wonderful flavours of Summer in our pink lemonade cake (6"/15cm 3 layer sponge)
- Bake from scratch a deliciously moist fruity chocolate cake (6"/15cm 3 layer sponge)
- Bake from scratch our gorgeous rose and pistachio cake (6"/15cm 3 layer sponge)
- Learn about, and make, fresh fruit purees to add extra flavour
- Learn about nut compounds and pastes to give depth of flavour
- Make blackberry buttercream
- Make two flavours of swiss meringue buttercream
- Make lemon filling cream
- After baking three sponge cakes with different methods, making filling creams, learning about pastes and purees (as well as making a puree from scratch), making two different buttercreams, learn how to trim and assemble your cakes professionally
- Cover your cakes with your delicious buttercreams and pipe swirls on top
- Add some decoration to make your layers luscious and box, ready to take home!
All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
This is a fun class with a maximum number of 3 students, you can book as a group of friends or come on your own and share your love of baking with a like-minded group.
Please note that due to Covid-19, we are currently not able to serve our usual macarons and refreshments. Please ensure you read our Terms & Conditions prior to booking. Any booking made, by any means, implies you have read and agreed to these.