Fri, 05 Apr|
The Cupcake Oven
Gilded Mini Cakes Class £125
CLASS AVAILABILITY Learn how to make these stunning gilded mini cakes, perfect for any occasion. All techniques can be reused on cupcakes, standard sized cakes and cookies.
Time & Location
05 Apr 2024, 10:00 – 16:30
The Cupcake Oven, 2 Summers Park Ave, Lawford, Manningtree CO11 2BX, UK
About the Class
At my Gilded Mini Cakes class:
- Learn how to prepare cakes ready to decorate: how to cut, mask, cover and finish to a professional standard.
- Discuss the importance of colour palettes and theme selection and how critical this is to ensure that your individual cakes look as professional as possible
- Choose your own colour scheme!
- You will use several different decorative materials including sugarpaste, florist paste, buttercream, dusts and paints.
- You will learn how each material is used, how to colour and how to prepare each for use on your cakes.
- Use a variety of cutters and sugarcraft tools to create shapes and flowers.
- Learn how to make beautiful sugarcraft hand formed roses with no cutters.
- Learn how to make pretty ruffles
- Learn how to make a puffy heart topper
- Learn how to pipe royal icing details including drop lines, hearts, vines and leaves.
- Learn how to use royal icing to make brush embroidery.
- Learn how to use paints and dusts to add fine detail, definition and gilding.
- We will teach you how to cover your mini cakes flawlessly with sugarpaste
As we will be focusing on decorating these stunning cakes, you will be supplied with fresh cakes to decorate. You will provide you with the recipe used and of course we can discuss helpful tips and tricks to ensure that you gain the necessary confidence to always bake your mini cakes from scratch - with excellent results every time.
All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
Please bring a light lunch and any special drinks. Tea and coffee and a cupcake provided.
Please ensure you read our Terms & Conditions prior to booking. Any booking made, by any means, implies you have read and agreed to these. PLEASE NOTE: check the date carefully. No rescheduling or cancellation of dates or classes once booked.
- Ticket type
Mini Cakes 5th April 24Price£125.00