Fri, 04 Mar|
The Cupcake Oven
Free-From VEGAN Baking Masterclass £125 FULL
CLASS FULL Whether you have a special diet yourself, regularly bake for someone who has, or just want to be able to safely offer the option as part of your business: this is the class for you!
Time & Location
04 Mar 2022, 10:00 – 17:00
The Cupcake Oven, 2 Summers Park Ave, Lawford, Manningtree CO11 2BX, UK
About the Class
So many people have special diets due to food intolerances and allergies. Gluten-free, lactose and egg free cakes and bakes are becoming more and more important to understand.
Learn about the differences between an allergy and an intolerance; What precautions you need to take and learn some tasty new recipes - free from baking can be delicious too.
All students will have the use of their own tools and equipment - including their own freestanding electric mixer (Kenwood).
During this class you will:
- Learn about the important differences between a food allergy and a food intolerance.
- Learn about ingredients alternatives and options, and how this can affect your bake.
- Discuss equipment and food labelling
- Learn how to prepare tins for use.
- Bake from scratch a lactose and egg free classic victoria sandwich (can be changed to GF at request)
- Bake from scratch a lactose and egg free rich chocolate mud cake (can be changed to GF at request)
- Bake from scratch a batch of lactose, egg and gluten free gingerbread biscuits (V/GF)
- Bake from scratch a lactose and egg free rich fruit cake (no GF alternative)
- Make a dairy and gluten free chocolate ganache (V/GF)
- Make dairy, egg and gluten free vanilla pod frosting (V/GF)
- After baking assemble your cakes and package in boxes and bags (provided)
Please note: I do not cater myself for severe food allergies. So while I have the know-how and magic to whip up a gloriously tasty free from bake, my kitchen does handle nuts, dairy, eggs and gluten on a regular basis. As such I do not have totally separate utensils for use in this class. All recipes used are nut free and otherwise as indicated. Please contact me to discuss. If you wish to investigate the alternatives noted above, please contact me at time of booking.
Cupcake and refreshments will be available all day. All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
This is a fun class with a maximum number of 4 students, you can book as a group of friends or come on your own and share your love of baking with a like-minded group.
Please ensure you read our Terms & Conditions prior to booking. Any booking made, by any means, implies you have read and agreed to these.
Free-From Baking 4th March£125.00Sold Out
This event is sold out