Buttercream Floral Palette Knife Painting
Time & Location
About the Class
Set to be one of the hottest cake trends of 2020: a new twist on the all buttercream decorated cake.
Learn how to prepare your real cake to hand paint stunning floral designs. Practice these new techniques with a variety of palette knives and other tools, before transferring your skills to your cake. Pipe finer details such as flower centres and more delicate blossoms.
This technique is perfect for using on its own, or in conjunction with piped 3D flowers to add dimension (as learnt in our Buttercream Flowers classes).
Take home a stunning buttercreamed cake - perfect for any occasion.
At this class:
- Discuss how to make smooth, fluffy buttercream
- Learn how to colour buttercream and blend colours
- Learn what tools do you need to do this technique
- Use nozzles, piping bags and palette knives to create surfaces ready to decorate
- Crumb coat and fill a real cake
- Paint several different types of flowers
- Paint different leaves
- Pipe buds and berries to complement your flowers
All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
This is a fun class with a maximum number of 3 students, you can book as a group of friends or come on your own and share your love of baking with a like-minded group.
Please note that due to Covid-19, we are currently not able to serve our usual cupcake and refreshments. Please ensure you read our Terms & Conditions prior to booking. Any booking made, by any means, implies you have read and agreed to these.