Birdcage Cake Class
Time & Location
About the Class
A style which has become increasingly popular for both weddings and birthdays, we will show you how to create the most beautiful birdcage cake.
This cake can be reproduced as a single, double or three tier cake and we cover three different shaped cakes in this class. We work on all dummy cakes so that you can keep your entire cake to display - it is perfect for wedding fairs.
During this class you will learn:
- How to cover three different cake shapes with sugarpaste
- How to achieve smooth edges on any sugarpaste covered cake or dummy
- How to correctly dowel and stack tiers for any amount of tiers
- How to cover and ribbon a presentation board professionally
- How to make sugarcraft flowers, birds and leaves
- How to paint fine details to cakes without the need for piping royal icing!
- Finish your birdcage cake and box securely for transporation
- Transportation advice and how to dsiplay your cake at the venue.
Cupcake and refreshments will be available all day. All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
This is a fun class with a maximum number of 6 students, you can book as a group of friends or come on your own and share your love of baking with a like-minded group.
- Birdcage Cake Class£150£1500£0