Royal Icing Piping Skills Class
Time & Location
About the Class
The classic art of royal icing piping has never really gone away. Thankfully it is starting to become more and more popular again. Even if you do not have a royal iced finished cake, you can still find a multitude of uses for decorative royal icing piping. From simple piped personilised messages, to intricate patterns and details, the only limit is your own imagination!
At my Royal Icing Piping Skills class:
- Learn how to make royal icing
- Learn how to achieve the correct consistency of royal icing for different piping applications
- Learn how to colour royal icing for piping.
- Use different nozzles to achieve different effects.
- Learn pressure piping techniques to create dots/pearls, floral and lace details, picot dots and hearts
- Learn how to pipe drop lines, scrolls, rope, barrel scrolls and leaves
- Learn how to pipe decorative boarders including shells and running pearls
- Pipe designs which can be added to cakes at a later date or used as 3d details
- How to achieve pretty effects with over piping
- Design a cake to showcase your new skills and take away a sampler of your work to refer back to.
- Learn classic royal icing techniques and pressure piping to decorate your cakes
Cupcake and refreshments will be available all day. All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
This is a fun class with a maximum number of 6 students, you can book as a group of friends or come on your own and share your love of baking with a like-minded group.
- Royal Icing Piping Skills£99£990£0