Dragonfly Brush Embroidery Cake
Time & Location
About the Class
During this class you will:
- Learn the importance of colour selection and how critical this is to ensure that your cakes look as professional as possible.
- You will use several different decorative materials including dusts, royal icing, ready to roll icing and florist paste
- Learn how each material is used, how to colour and how to prepare each for use on your cakes
- Learn how to create sugarcraft flowers with cutters and sugarcraft tools
- Make a stunning wired 3D dragonfly
- Prepare a real cake with buttercream and then cover with black sugarpaste (discuss the best options for black sugarpaste and pitfalls!) (NB no sharp edges in this class)
- Learn how to make and prepare royal icing so that it is the correct consistency
- Learn how to colour royal icing for use
- Learn how to transfer any pattern of your choice onto the surface of your cake ready to pipe
- Learn how to pipe royal icing and make beautiful brush embroidery designs
- Pipe royal icing detail to finish your cakes
- Use dusts to add further dimension to your dragonfly
Cupcake and refreshments will be available all day. All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
This is a fun class with a maximum number of 5 students, you can book as a group of friends or come on your own and share your love of baking with a like-minded group.
- Dragonfly Brush Embroidery Cke£99£990£0